The cylinder should always be kept on a vertical position and always away from any source of heat or naked flame.
Always remember to close the valve when the stove is not in use, especially at night.
Don't tamper with your cylinder or allied equipment.
If you find anything wrong, with any part, Kindly contact your distributor and ask for a mechanic.
What are the points to remember about the rubber tubing?
- It must be of approved quality, (ISI mark).
- It should be as short as possible. Maximum length should be about 1.5 meters.
- It should be easily accessible for inspection.
- Keep it away from heat and fire.
- Push it so as to cover the full length of the nozzle.
- Make sure it does not get heated by the burner, or is looped/twisted.
- Clean it with wet cloth only. Don't use soap to ease the tube over the nozzle.
- Check it regularly for cracks, holes, softness and porosity especially at the ends.
- Do not cover rubber tubing by any other object or sleeve.
THE PRESSURE REGULATOR IS VERY IMPORTANT TOO
It is connected to the outlet of the cylinder valve. Its function is to regulate the pressure of the gas coming out of the cylinder and supply it at a constant pressure to the hot plate.
Do you know about these safety points?
- Make sure all parts of the installation are in good condition. If you find anything wrong with any part, contact your distributor and ask for a mechanic.
- It is safer to wear cotton clothing while working in the kitchen.Do not use dupatta to handle utensils, preferably use an apron.
- Keep children away from the installation while you're cooking.
Use dry pot holders.
- Never leave the hotplate on and unattended. The burners could extinguish by overflow of cooking material . The accumulated gas could get ignited by the second burner in operation (or other sources) resulting in fire.
- Turn pan handles to the side away from the flame. Keep plastic items away from the stoves.
- 50% of cooking gas-related accidents occur because of leakages from the rubber tube.
- Do not damage your tube by cutting it.
Keep the safety cap on over unused cylinders.
What do you do when you smell gas?
- Turn the pressure regulator knob to the OFF position.
- Put out all fires in the kitchen (including agarbathi and pooja lamp).
- Open all doors and windows for ventilation.
- Do not strike a match and do not operate any electric switches (including main switch).
- Electrical switches and dry cell torches generate spark while switching on or off, so do not operate them.
- Get in touch your Emergency Service Cell managed by the Oil Companies.